APICS CSCP Certified Supply Chain Professional
The APICS CSCP program gives professionals insights to integrate and control the activities of production and distribution systems.
The impact of supply chain management in businesses is still growing. Developments occur in all branches, from industrial to service-oriented and profit to non-profit. The customer expects high quality and low prices, but the customer also attaches more and more importance to a rapid and reliable delivery of products and services. As a result, effective production and distribution are essential to cope with the global competition of today.
With the course CSCP, you will learn how to deal with these developments.
About APICS & ASCM
APICS is the standard for training in operations management, or production logistics. All over the world, APICS is regarded as the go to training for professionals working in operations and supply chain management. ASCM, is the association that manages and updates the APICS training courses. ASCM stands for "Association for Supply Chain Management". People who are members of ASCM receive member benefits, such as discounts on APICS exams. Read more about APICS courses and ASCM.
Visie Partners is ASCM's Premier Training Partner in the Netherlands for APICS training and an authorized ASCM consulting partner.
The APICS CSCP training is designed for professionals working in production control and supply chain management who wish to professionalize their field. Some examples:
- Management team members wishing to develop a vision of the relationship between supply chain management and how to make strategic choices
- Buyers who see their function changing by supply chain management
- Supply chain employees wanting to understand integral concepts within their working area
- Employees business office, materials management, and operations who will contribute to better cooperation with other chain partners
- Project managers and change managers wishing to gain background knowledge to be able to give guidance to supply chain changes
- Supply teams based on a joint effort to establish a supply chain strategy and implementation
- Consultants advising organizations on the establishment of new customer-oriented service concepts
- Marketing and sales professionals interested in contributing to successful supply chain strategies
Benefits of a CSCP certification
APICS CSCP brings many benefits for both a supply chain professional and an employer.
Benefits supply chain professional:
- To learn how supply chain activities effectively and efficiently can be controlled by suppliers, factories, transporters, and customers worldwide
- A positive effect on international mobility because of the recognition of APICS CSCP
- To give your career a boost
- Recognition from your colleagues and your industry
Benefits for the employer:
- Productivity, collaboration, and innovation can significantly improve
- A positive effect on lead times, inventory, productivity, and profitability
- Improvement of the competitiveness and profitability of your organization by shortening delivery times
- The international recognition and diffusion contribute to effective communication between international business partners from shared frames of reference works
To participate in the CSCP exam, a participant must meet one of the following criteria:
- a completed training at higher education or university level or
- a completed APICS CPIM training, CFPIM, CIRM or CPM or
- a minimum 3 years’ related business experience
English reading skills are required as the material and multiple choice questions are in English. Using a dictionary is allowed.
The APICS CSCP course consists of 12 three-hour evening classes of 6 six-hour days classes. During the last course meeting, an exam training is provided. During the day course, this is the final part of the last day. The course will finish with an APICS exam. Below is a description of the modules.
Module 1: Supply Chain Design
The first module contains the following topics:
- Considering inputs and objectives of supply chain management strategy
- Recognizing and resolving misalignments and gaps
- Accounting and financial reporting information, strategic analysis tools, and economic considerations
- Designing the supply chain while understanding and working within business considerations
- Designing fulfillment strategies and products for different markets and requirements
- Identifying and managing market segments
- Understanding electronic business considerations and key technology applications
- Understanding implementation tools including project management processes communication
Module 2: Supply Chain Planning and Execution
This module contains the following topics:
- Procuring and delivering goods and services using supply chain management
- Using demand management, including demand forecasting and prioritization
- Using master planning, master scheduling, and sales and operations planning (S&OP)
- Managing, planning, and controlling inventory
- Understanding the effects of inventory on financial statements and inventory-related cost categories
- Managing supply in the supply chain based on total cost of ownership and make-versus-buy analysis
- Developing supply plans based on buyer-supplier relationships
- Logistics and warehouse management, forecasting, and planning
- Making considerations for trade, regulation, and currency funds flow
- Segmentation of customer-driven marketing, customers, suppliers, and other partners
- Fundamentals of supplier relationship management (SRM) and customer relationship management (CRM)
- Managing reverse logistics and waste
Module 3: Supply Chain Improvement and Best Practices
The last module contains the following topics:
- Standards, regulations, and sustainable best practices compliance
- International standards and considerations for import/export, intellectual property, licensing, tax and accounting, and labor laws
- Corporate social responsibility for sustainability, UN Global Compact, and GRI initiatives
- Accreditation, certifications, and standards for quality, environmental, social, and safety
- Identifying, assessing, classifying and responding to risks
- Compliance, security, and regulatory concerns
- Improving the supply chain through measuring performance and supply chain metrics focused on customers, financial reports, and operational practices, and customer service
- Utilizing continuous improvement and change management techniques and principles, including lean and just-in-time as well as other continuous improvement philosophies
Besides the classroom courses, it is also possible to follow the course as e-learning, self-study or in-company.
- Class: APICS CSCP courses are given as day or evening courses. The course always takes place at the same location and day of the week. In the course, an APICS trained instructor teaches his knowledge using practical examples (from students and instructor). The instructor has followed a specific training that taught how they can transfer their knowledge in the best way. Because of the interactive approach with their fellow students and the by APICS recommended number of study hours Visie Partners ensures informative course evenings. The students also have access to the Visie Partners online learning system. All of this results in a high passing rate.
- Online classroom: We also offer APICS CSCP as an online classroom variant. The same quality as in a physical class, but you can participate from everywhere like, the office, home or on a business trip. More information about “online classrooms”.
- E-learning (blended learning): you can determine your own planning and the contact moments are personally guided with one of our experienced and recognized teachers. Contact can be established using e-mail, web conference-software or a phone. You can start and finish your course at your preferred time.
- Self-study: with self-study, you study the available learning materials and you have access to the online learning environment. There's no contact with the teacher. You can start at any time.
- In company: When a company has a sufficient number of participants, it is also possible to take this course as an in-company training. This saves time and travel costs and we can also offer an in company course at a reduced price per participant. Special emphasis can be placed on elements of the training that are important to the company. You can contact us for a tailor-made offer.
The participant studies the subject prior to the session and can make questions in the online learning environment. Through the learning environment, the teacher can monitor the progress of the participants. As a result, problems they may encounter can be discussed. Insights from practice are used in the preparation of the course, in addition to the course material. There is plenty of room for personal input and discussion. The course is given in English and ends with an exam training.
During the course the official and most recent English course material is used:
- APICS CSCP learning system
- APICS CSCP student slides
APICS online learning system:
- Online exam questions and module specific tests
- Online glossary
- Concept tests (e-flashcards)
- Online study guide
- APICS CSCP practice exams and reports to be able to analyze the results
- Download course books for e-reader or tablet
- Study planning tool based on a knowledge test
- App: online dictionary
Online learning environment Visie Partners. Visie Partners has developed its own online learning environment. With this unique learning environment, Visie Partners offers online study opportunities with background information and practice questions. These extra exercises provide insight to the participant and teacher into the study progress. This online learning environment is available for both the e-learning participants and for participants who attend course sessions.
The APICS CSCP courses is given at various locations in the Netherlands. The training course consists of 12 evening classes of 3 hours or 6 days of approximately 6,5 hours.
Course schedules and locations
The next opportunities to attend a course are listed below. Click on a course location to see all lessons and preferred examination date.
Online CSCP avondopleiding
Monday 6 September 2021
from CET 18.45 - CET 21.45
Full course schedule
Utrecht CSCP day
Friday 10 September 2021
from 9:30 - 16:45
Full course schedule
Breda CSCP day
Friday 14 January 2022
from 9:30 - 16:45
Full course schedule
The study time of APICS CSCP will be between 120 and 160 hours. The study time varies on the experience and training of each participant. The study effort will consist of the following:
- Day course (6 hours) or evening course (3 hours)
- Preparation for each course meeting (+/- 5 hours)
- Exam preparation
The expenses for the course are mentioned below and include course materials, online learning environments, exam training, and coffee/tea. A lunch is included when we offer a day-time course.
12 evening sessions or 6-day sessions
12 sessions / 3 hours
4 contact moments + email contact
CSCP Self study
Access to the online learning environments + study books
option: Individual online exam training of approximately 3 hours for € 250, which can be booked at any time.
All mentioned prices are excluding VAT. We reserve the right to change the course and exam fees, as long as no agreement has been reached.
In certain circumstances, both the costs of the course and the exam fees are tax-deductible for the employer or the participant. Please contact your tax consultant for more information.
Exam and maintenance
After passing the APICS CSCP exam, you receive the official certificate and are officially certified for 5 years. You then have the right to use the name of the course as a title behind your name. The certificate can be extended by 5 years if the student maintains the acquired knowledge. Examples to do this are organizing or attending supply chain related activities or participating in courses.
We offer certified professionals that have obtained their certificate via Visie Partners the opportunity to earn maintenance points for maintaining their title. Customers of Visie Partners have the opportunity to take part in company visits and network meetings related to operations- or supply chain management. No membership is required for this.
Participants can register for the exam via www.apics-exam.eu. On this website, all exam prices and information about the exam registration procedure can be found.
Participants who have actively participated in the course but do not take an exam can be given a certificate of participation on request. An administration fee will be charged.